Thursday, January 31, 2008

Lately...

The weather has felt last night and today like home, for the first time since I got here. It has overall been nice, I am guessing in the 40s to low 30s, and really sunny and bright. Last night it got really cold, and windy, and the wind is something that does not seem to exist here anywhere near as much as in East TN. This morning, the air is so cold that it takes your breath, and you could see your breath, and this was at 10 this morning. Even though I really dislike cold, it was quite nice, and I enjoyed my brief walk to school, because it felt like it should feel. Cold. Of course, from what I am understanding, it is colder there than it is here, and by a lot. Everyone that talks about the weather here is upset, because it is supposed to be horribly cold, and snowy, and pretty much miserable. Of course, they love it, but I would probably be miserable. ;)
We are leaving really early tomorrow for Barcelona. I am quite excited! I hope to return frothing with pictures and stories and things that might actually be exciting!!!

(2/20/2008) Edit: the wind does exist here like it does at home, it just does not seem to do it as often. Before the recent rain started, the wind blew for like 3 days straight. Ice cold and strong enough to knock me off my feet...which almost happened this one time. ;)

No comments: